- 65% BHS operational support for programs and services funded through donations & grants
- Online payment: website
- Donate: cash, cheque, credit card, via phone
- Gifts-In-kind: food, beverage, event tickets, program supplies, gift cards
- Tax receipts issued for monetary contributions & fair market value for some gifts-in-kind
- Thrift Store: donate or buy gently used clothing , house wares, furniture
- BHS Wish List: this list outlines specific needs: website
- Host a Hospice Fundraiser: individuals or community groups organize an event in support of the BHS. Fundraisers include events such as garage sales, benefit dinners, golf tournaments, musical concerts, and car rallies.
- If you would like to get involved, please contact the BHS office for information about upcoming events or visit our website www.burnabyhospice.org
- Special events: Hike for Hospice, Halloween Howler, Memorial Services
Volunteer – Give your time
- Hospice Society volunteers offer companionship, caregiver relief and various activities
- Volunteers play an extraordinary role in supporting clients and families
- Specifically trained volunteers work as part of the palliative medical and supportive care team to assist clients and their families
- As well as palliative companionship, volunteers also participate in bereavement support programs, office assistance and special events
- Hospice volunteers provide quality support, compassionate, dignified end-of-life support
- Volunteers make a difference in the lives of others
- Volunteers receive classroom instruction and practical training
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator or visit our website www.burnabyhospice.org
If you have recently been diagnosed with a terminal illness, are providing care for someone with a terminal illness, or have lost a loved one within the last two years, you may benefit from our programs and services. We accept referrals from anyone and all our services are free of charge (access to bereavement services requires an annual membership with the Society).
Physicians and nurses work closely with the Burnaby Hospice Palliative Care Team which includes: Clinical Resource Nurse, Clinical Nurse Specialist, Social Worker, Palliative Pharmacist and the Burnaby Hospice Society Volunteer Coordinator.