- Palliative Care Program: Trained workers and volunteers visit patients and loved ones, offering support and helpful care
- Home Health: Nurses and personal support workers employed by Fraser Health Authority provide nursing care and personal care to meet your needs
- If you or your family wish to supplement the Home Health Care Program you can hire private care services at your expense
- Nurses and personal support workers employed by healthcare agencies can assist in completing activities and meeting your health care needs
- Questions to Ask When
Considering a Home Healthcare Agency:
- Is the agency certified or a Better Business Bureau member?
- What control do clients have over choosing an agency home worker?
- What kind of background check do you do on your staff/ criminal records check, driving records?
- Are the workers bonded? Insurance to cover breakage or theft
- Type of training? One time or ongoing
- Are the workers agency employees or independent contractors?
- Worker Supervision? Is someone available to provide expertise or extra assistance if required?
- Replacement workers for sick days, and holidays?
- How do you handle conflict between a client and worker?
- Ask for several references
- What kind of service agreement is required?
If you have a concern regarding the care provided by the private healthcare staff, please speak to the agency or regulating body.