Take a Hike… for Hospice!
On Sunday, May 5, 2019 people across Canada will walk in support of the 17th Annual Hike for Hospice.
Here in Burnaby, members of our community will gather in Central Park to build awareness and raise funds in support of the Burnaby Hospice Society.
Hike for Hospice Burnaby is a public family event. Hikers, walkers and wanderers of all abilities are welcome to participate!
All funds raised will remain locally to support the Burnaby Hospice Society so that we may continue our critical work of providing compassionate care to individuals and families during the dying and grieving process.
Every step makes a difference.
Date: Sunday, May 5, 2019 (Rain or shine)
Time: 11am to 3 pm
- 11:00am Registration
- 11:45am Opening Ceremonies & Warm-up
- 12:00pm Hike begins
- 1:00pm Barbecue lunch, Entertainment, Silent Auction…
- 2:30pm Closing Ceremonies & Prize draw
Venue: South Burnaby Lawn Bowls Club Central Park, 4000 Kingsway
Routes: 3+ km
Collect donations using the 2019 pledge form and bring your form and collected funds on event day.
Your Support Matters
Funds from Hike for Hospice support the following programs:
- Palliative care support
- Respite support for family members and other caregivers
- Relaxation therapies such as reiki or healing touch
- Community memorial services
- Volunteer training
- Grief counselling and bereavement support services
- Community outreach and education
Every year, we serve over 900 families in the community. There is no cost or fee to use any of our hospice palliative care and bereavement services and we accept referrals by anyone.